|Education:||School of Electrical Engineering, Belgrade, BSc EE 1973, MSc EE 1977, PhD EE 1984|
|Research interests :||
The research and scientific fields covered by professor Radunović include: Fundamental research related to kinetic theory of electromagnetic processes, Simulation and modeling of optoelectronic and ultrafast semiconductor devices, Simulation and modeling of optical communication systems, and Optoelectronic measuring systems.
He has published 128 scientific and expert papers and 3 textbooks so far, including 41 paper in top rated international scientific journals, 1 monography chapter, 14 papers in the proceedings of international scientific conferences, 8 papers in national and international journals, and 64 papers in the proceedings of national conferences.
Chronologically speaking, the first group of significant papers consists of the papers which establish the basis of the kinetic theory of long-lasting electromagnetic processes in semiconductors. Their further application resulted in enhanced modeling and simulation of optoelectronic and ultrafast semiconductor microstructures. Later papers cover the modelling of response of the semiconductor laser and photodetector based on various quantum nanostructures, aiming at optimizing their edge frequencies and efficiency. Recognized scientific contribution results from the possibilities this optimization offers, under various operation modes and taking into account nonstationary and nonlinear effects. Application of these models, together with the simulation of the optical signal propagation along optical fiber, enabled modeling and simulation of the optical communication systems response in time domain, resulting in a complete picture of the propagated signal shape and form. Some of the more recent papers are dedicated to modern DWDM optical networks, their characterization from the performance and price optimization standpoint. The influence of the wavelength conversion on some network performance and price related parameters was analyzed. The contribution based on the implementation fo nonlinear optics in the field of the energy sector measurement systems is also significant.
Professor Radunović was a reviewer for several top international magazines. He served as chairman of scientific and organizing commitees at a significant numebr of syposiums and conferences. He spent the 1983/1984 schoolyear at the MGU in Moscow, in 1988 he was on a study stay at the University College in London, and in 1991 at the University of Surrey.
He has been a corresponding member of the Academy of Engineering Sciences of Serbia since year 2004.
His fields of expertise are Optical telecommunications and Optoelectronic iand laser systems.
He was a participant or leader in the realization of more than 30 projects and studies. He created more than 20 original solutions and more than 10 software solutions.
His major contribution was in the field of power systems current measurements. A portable fiber optic current sensor for power systems monitoring without power supply interrupting was developed and the commercial production of this device was initiated.
Two new prototypes, untended for industrial applications, were developed. One is a fiber optic device for measuring the magnetic field intensity using Faraday effect and reflexion probe. Another is a fiber optic electric field intensity measuring system based on Pockels effect and novel electrode geometry.
He has registered two international patents.
Short CV :
Jovan B. Radunović was born in Priština in 1949. He obtained his B. Sc. E.E. in 1973, M. Sc. in 1977 and Ph.D. in 1984, all at the University of Belgrade, School of Electrical Engineering. His first job was at the Vinča Institute in Belgrade. In 1974 he started working at the School of Electrical Engineering as a trainee assistant lecturer. He was appointed assistant lecturer in 1978, and his tenure was renewed in 1982. He was appointed senior assistant senior lecturer in 1985, associate professor in 1990, and full professor in 1995. In May 2005, the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia appointed professor Radunović as Chairman of the Managing board of the Republic Telecommunications Agency (RATEL) for a five year period. In March 2011, following a public call, the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia appointed professor Radunović as Chairman of the Managing board of the Republic Agency for Electronic Communications (RATEL) for a second five year period.
Projects and patents:
Professor Radunović has participated in the realization of over 40 scientific projects and studies directed towards the development of concrete industrial processes. He was the project leader in more than half of them. The majority of the projects were implemented in manufacturing.
- J.Radunović, S.Petričević i P.Mihailović: "Portable device with fiber optic measuring sensor for measuring the electric current intensity on high voltage installations, without power supply interruptions", P-0041, 06.feb.2007. Intelectual Property Gazette /2/2009/, p.358.
- P.Mihailović, S.Petričević i J.Radunović: "Currents and magnetic fields measuring sensor head on the principle of the Faraday effect", P-2010/0195, 29.apr.2010. Intelectual Property Gazette /5/2011/, p. 1041.
- 1986 Federal Award for Inventing RAST - YU, Pula
- 1994 Prof. Branko Rakovic Award for scientific research in the field of electronics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Belgrade
- 2005 Silver medal on the Exhibition "Inventing - Belgrade 2005"
- 2005 Belgrade Chamber of Commerce Yearly Award
- 2005 1st Prize for best Innovation, Ministry of Science of the Republic of Serbia
- 2006 1st Prize for best Innovation, Ministry of Science of the Republic of Serbia
- 2007 4th Prize for best Innovation, Ministry of Science of the Republic of Serbia
Additional activities :
- 1989-1991 President of Council of Faculty of Electrical Engineering in Belgrade
- 1992-1996 Expert of the Federal Ministry of Science, Technology and Development
- 1994-1998 Vice-Dean of Faculty of Electrical Engineering in Belgrade
- 2000-2002 Vice-Dean of Faculty of Electrical Engineering in Belgrade
- 2000-2002 Member of the Managing Board of the Faculty of Electronics in Nis
- 2000-2002 Member of the Managing Board of the Faculty of Engineering in Bor
- 2000-2003 Member of the Faculty Board of the University of Belgrade
- 2000-2003 Member of Managing Board of the Faculty of Economics in Belgrade
- 2002-2004 Member of the Managing Board of the Institute for Physics in Belgrade
- 2000-2001 Member of expert team of the Federal Ministry of Telecommunications
- 2002-2004 Member of expert team of the Republic Minister of Traffic and Telecommunications
- 2001-2005 Member of expert team of the Republic Ministry of Science, Technology and Development
- 2005-2011 Chairman of the Managing Board of the Republic Telecommunication Agency (RATEL)
- 2011-present Chairman of the Managing Board of the Republic Agency for Electronic Communications (RATEL)
Internatinal collaboration :
Selected publications :
- Tintor V., Milićević V., Janković M., Radunović J.: Advances in Communications and Media Research - "The process of Liberalisations of the Telecommunications Market in the Republic of Serbia and the Results Achieved", NOVA Publishers, ISBN 978-1-61234-794-5, 2011.
- Jovan B. Radunović: "Exercise Book on Semiconductor Physics Basics, with Solutions", Beopres-Štampa, Beograd, 1999.
- 2. Jovan Radunović, Petar Matavulj: "Optical Access Networks (Inovation course for Telekom Srbija)", 2004.
- 3. Jovan Radunović: "Statistical Physics with Kinetic Theory in Physical Electronics", Akademska misao i Elektrotehnički fakultet, Beograd, 2013.
SCIENTIFIC PAPERS PUBLISHED IN INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS:
- J.B.Radunović: "Conductivity of an Electron Gas in an Electrical Field", phys.stat.sol.(b), No 122, pp. 383-388, 1984.
- J.Radunović: "The Influence of Large-Scale Fluctuations on the Anomalous Conductivity in Piezoelectric Semiconductors", phys.stat.sol.(b), No 127, pp. 181-186, 1985.
- J.Radunović: "Kinetic fluctuations in an electron gas when the Auger effect is taken into account", J.Phys.C: Solid State Phys., No 18, pp. 3993-4000, 1985.
- J.Radunović and D.Gvozdić: "Electron transit time of PIN photodiodes fabricated in two-valley semiconductors", International Journal of Infrared and Millimetar Waves, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 705-711, 1992.
- D.Gvozdić and J.Radunović: "Pulse and frequency response of PIN photodiode with absorption layer fabricated in two-walley semiconductor", International Journal of Infrared and Millimetar Waves, Vol. 13, No.12, pp. 1875-1883, 1992.
- J.Radunović and D.Gvozdić: "Nonstationary and nonlinear response of p-i-n photodiode made of a two-valley semiconductor", IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, Vol. 40, No. 7, pp. 1238-1244, 1993.
- D.Gvozdić, J.Radunović, and J.Elazar: "An analytical expression for the electric field in MSM structures", International Journal of Infrared and Millimetar Waves Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 1485-1493, 1993.
- D.Radunović and J. Radunović: "Numerical simulation of two-valley semiconductor device model based on an ENO shock capturing algorithm", International Journal of Numerical Modelling: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields, Vol. 7, 239-252, 1994.
- J.Radunović and D.Radunović: "Current response of N+-N-N+ structure made of a two-valley semiconductor", International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 76, No 6, pp. 1063-1072, 1994. (Ovaj rad je prethodno složen za štampu u časopisu: Solid-State Electronics za 1995. godinu ali zbog sankcija nije publikovan).
- D.Gvozdić and J.Radunović : "Influence of electron intervalley transfer on response pulsewidth of the MSM photodetector", International Journal of Infrared and Millimetar Waves, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 115-122, 1996.
- P.Matavulj, D.Gvozdić, J. Radunović, J.Elazar: "Nonlinear pulse response of p-i-n photodiode caused by the change of the bias voltage", International Journal of Infrared and Millimetar Waves, Vol. 17, No. 9, pp. 824-832, 1996.
- D.Gvozdić and J.Radunović : "Nonstationary response of MSM photodetectors", IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 370-373, 1996. (1.936)
- D.Gvozdić and J.Radunović: "Application of conformal maping in modelling the response of an MSM photodetector", Int. J. Numer. Model.: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields, Vol. 10, pp. 71-82, 1997.
- D.Gvozdić and J.Radunović: "Transit time of electrons and holes in micron and submicron MSM photodetectors", Semicond. Sci. Technol., Vol. 12, pp. 589-594, 1997.
- P.Matavulj, D. Gvozdić, and J.Radunović: "The Influence of Nonstationary Carrier Transport on the Bandwidth of p-i-n Photodiode", J. Lightwave Technol., Vol. 15, No.12, pp. 2270-2277, 1997.
- D. Golubović, P. Matavulj, and J. Radunović: ''Characterization and Optimization of a Resonant Cavity Enhanced PiN Photodiode Response'', International Journal of Infrared and Millimetar Waves, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 109-123, 1999.
- D.Radunović and J.Radunović: ''Two-dimensional non-stationary numerical model for MSM structures'', International Journal of Numerical Modelling: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields, Vol. 12, 173-186, 1999.
- P.S.Matavulj, D.S.Golubović and J.B.Radunović: "Comparison of nonlinear and nonstationary response of conventional and resonant cavity enhanced p-i-n photodiode", J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 87, No. 6, pp. 3086-3092, 2000.
- D.M.Gvozdić, P.L.Nikolić and J.B.Radunović: "Optimization of a resonant cavity enhanced MSM photodetector", Semicond. Sci. Technol., Vol. 15, pp. 630-637, 2000.
- M.Cvetković, P.Matavulj, J.Radunović, A.Marinčić: "An InGaAs PiN Photodiode Model: Description and Implementations in the Analysis of the 1.55?m Lightwave System", J.Opt. Commun.,Vol. 21, pp. 695-703, 2000.
- D.S.Golubović, P.S.Matavulj and J.B.Radunović: "Resonant cavity-enhanced Schottky photodiode - modelling and analysis",Semicond. Sci. Technol., Vol. 15, pp. 950-956, 2000.
- P.S.Matavulj and J.B.Radunović: "Real Single Quantum Well Laser Frequency Response", International Journal of Infrared and Millimetar Waves, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 863-870, 2001.
- P. Mihailović, S. Petricević, Z. Stojković, J. Radunović: "Development of a Portable Fiber Optic Current Sensor for Power Systems Monitoring", IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 53, No.1, pp. 24-30, 2004.
- M.V.Lazović, P.S.Matavulj and J.B.Radunović: "Equivalent electric circuit of the PIN photodiode for the pulse incident excitation", Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 41, No.6, pp.468-471, 2004.
- S.Petricevic, Z.Stojkovic and J.Radunovic: "Practical Application of Fiber Optic Current Sensor in Power System Harmonics Measurement", IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 55, No. 3, pp. 923-930, 2006.
- P.Mihailovic, S.Petricevic, J.Radunovic: "Improvements in difference-over-sum normalization method for Faraday effect magnetic field waveforms measurement", Journal of Instrumentation, Vol. 1, No, pp.1-2, 2006.
- M.Barjaktarović, S.Petricevic, and J.Radunovic: "High performance coated board inspection system based on commercial components", Journal of Instrumentation, Vol. 2, No. 36, 2007.
- Miomira V. Lazović, Petar S. Matavulj and Jovan B. Radunović: "The few SPICE models of ultra fast P-i-N photodiode", Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, Vol. 9, No.8, pp. 2445-2448, 2007.
- Vladica Tintor, Petar Matavulj and Jovan Radunović: "Analysis of Blocking Probability in Optical Burst Switched Networks", Photonic Network Communications, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 227 - 236, 2008.
- S.Petricevic, Z.Stojkovic, P.Mihailović, J.Radunovic: "Development of Fiber Optic Impulse Current Sensor for high voltage equipment tests", International Journal of Electrical Engineeringn Education, Vol. 45, No. 1, pp. 1-16, 2008.
- P.Mihailovic, S.Petricevic, S.Stankovic, J.Radunovic: "Temperature dependence of the Bi12GeO20 optical activity", Optical Materials, Vol. 30, No 7, pp. 1079-1082, 2008.
- VladicaTintor, Jovan Radunović: "Distributed Dijkstra sparse placement routing algorithm for translucent optical networks", Photonic Network Communications, Vol. 18, No.1, pp. 55 - 64, 2009.
- Slobodan Petričević, Pedja Mihailović, Jovan Radunović: "Miniature Pockels Cell with Novel Electrode Geometry", Sensors, Vol. 9, No 7, pp. 5298 - 5307, 2009.
- V.Tintor, V. Milićević, M. Janković and J. Radunović, "Liberalization of the Mobile Telephony Market in the Republic of Serbia", Technology in Society, Volume 31, Issue 4, November 2009, pp. 384-398, Elsevier Ltd.
- Petar S. Matavulj, Miomira V. Lazovic, Jovan B. Radunovic: "An Unique SPICE Model of Photodiode with Slowly Changeable Carriers' Velocities", J Infrared Milli Terahz Waves, Vol. 32, No.1, pp. 64-78, 2011.
- V.Tintor, D.Urošević, B.Anđelić, J.Radunović, N.Mladenović: "Variable neighbourhood search for resolving routing and wavelength assignment problem in optical wavelength-division multiplexing networks", IET Commun. Vol.5, Iss.14, pp.2028-2034, 2011.
- Marko Barjaktarovic, Slobodan Petricevic, Jovan Radunovic: "A timely detection of a coated board streak defect in subsampling conditions using monochrome vision system", AEU-Int. J. Electron. Commun., Vol.66, No. 4, pp. 313-321, 2012.
- Vladica Tintor, Jovan Radunović: "Multihop Routing and Wavelength Assignment Algorithm for Optical WDM Networks", Int. J. of Networks and Commun., Vol.2, No.1, pp. 1-10, 2012.
- Z.Ž. Lazarević, P. Mihailović, S. Kostić, M.J. Romčević, M. Mitrić, S. Petričević, J. Radunović, M. Petrović-Damjanović, M. Gilić, N.Ž. Romčević: "Determination of magneto-optical quality and refractive index of bismuth germanium oxide single crystals grown by Czochralski technique", Optical Materials, Vol. 34, No 1, pp. 1849-1859, 2012.
- P. Mihailović, S.Petričević, J.Radunović: "Compensation for Temperature-Dependence of the Faraday Effect by Optical Activity Temperature Shift", IEEE Sensor Journal, Vol.13, No.2, pp.832-837, 2013.
- S.Petričević, P.Mihailović, J.Radunović: "Performance analysis of the Faraday magnetic field point scanner", Senor Review, Vol.33, No.1, pp. 80-85, 2013.